Hunters (Amazon) Season 1 thread - spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Turtleboy, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Ok, I finished it so here’s the whole season thread.

Thoughts:

Does every single show have got have a WTF finale? I was angry that Lena Olin couldn’t have been Eva Braun because she is too young, but it turns out, she is exactly the age that Braun would have been in 1977 (65).

Why did they kidnap Joe and bring him there?

Who is Sister Harriet/Rebekah really working for?

I know this is silly, but the thing that bothered me most about the show - throughout the season, is how fast they travelled great distances. One minute they were all at a BBQ in Alabama and the next they are back in New York, wearing the same clothes, on the same day, as if they just took the subway. It ruined the suspension of disbelief for me.

2. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    There were lots of things, especially the whole factory scenes, in the last 5 episodes regarding suspensions of belief that ruined it for me.

3. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Whenever they left I kept waiting for Mindy to say, “Have fun storming the castle!”

4. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    More thoughts:

Who was Jonah's grandfather? Was it the real Myer, or was it the man in the picture all along? I think it was the latter. If it was the real Myer, his mother would have had to have been conceived in Auschwitz immediately after liberation and before the Wolf killed the real Myer. That's highly doubtful. It's far more likely that it was the man in the picture and that "Myer" is an unreliable narrator. The story "Myer" told Jonah about the conversation he had with Ruth is likely not true.

5. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    I didn't like the kyser soze ending at all.

Turtleboy likes this.
  6. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    It seems that with all the advertising Amazon did, this show may not have been that popular. I won't be surprised if there isn't a season 2.

7. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    It really went off the rails in the second half and I just hated the twist ending. Not even remotely believable. And they sure laid on thick the white people are bad garbage but I guess Hollywood is gonna do Hollywood no matter what. It's just such lazy writing and predictable. So a decent first half was ruined by an incredibly dumb second half.

8. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    I enjoyed the season, but the twist ending was a bit much.

I did enjoy the other twist ending with Adolf eating with Eva and the boys. Creepy.