Hunters (Amazon) S1:E1 - Pilot - In the Belly of the whale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Turtleboy, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Just watched this. I liked it. I don't know if I'll binge, but I can see me finishing it. The opening scene at the pool party really sucked me in.

It has potential. I don't know if I buy Al Pacino as this old Jewish guy just yet though.

2. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    I found it a little bit tedious, but have agreed to give it at least one more shot.

It reminded me a bit of "The Boys", a young man recovering from tragedy ends up pairing up with a group of people fighting villains.

SoBelle0 and Turtleboy like this.
  3. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I wonder if I made a mistake for starting an episode thread instead of a general discussion thread. I don’t know if there is going to be enough interest in this or not.

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm on episode 3. I like it. It has its implausible parts but so do most works of fiction. There's a lengthy scene in episode 1 which made me go blind but my eyes have recovered although not my psyche.

Turtleboy likes this.
  5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Yeah, this probably should have been a series thread with spoilers but who knows.

6. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    After I finish watching it I'll start a season/series thread. Or anyone else is welcome to also and let this one die.

7. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    I ... kinda ... hate series threads, because you can't really participate without being spoiled on future episodes. I like to be able to participate as the episodes roll out, so I can discuss with other people who are at the same stage I am. I'm glad you created the episode thread as you did.

Turtleboy likes this.
  8. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    As I stated on the "What are you watching via streaming" thread, the first 5 episodes sucked me in... the last 5 disappointed.

9. rpj22

rpj22 Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    SoCal
    How old did the camp survivor at the pool party look to you? Considering that the camps had been shut down 32 years before, she didn't look to me to be old enough to remember anyone from there.