Hung at boot

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by knuckles, Oct 15, 2011.

1. knuckles

knuckles Watch This Baby!

Dec 21, 2002
    Northeastern PA
    I've been having trouble with my Premier XL the last few days with recorded shows missing from menus. I had been in chats with support and I believe I downloaded version 14.9 on my last forced connection. I performed a reboot from the menu and I've been watching the "Almost there... Just a few minutes more." for almost 2 hours. How long should I wait before powering it off and trying to boot again?

2. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    do you have a slide remote? if so unplug the usb dongle until it finishes the boot up

3. knuckles

Dec 21, 2002
    Northeastern PA
    I do have a slide remote. I saw it was still in the same place this morning so I unplugged it. For some reason I don't think it updated the software and I still have shows missing from the menu, but I can see them on my TiVo Desktop and can transfer those missing shows to my pc. Is there a way to now delete those missing shows?

4. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Under My Shows Options try turning Groups off. I think I've read that doing that can make all shows appear again.

5. knuckles

Dec 21, 2002
    Northeastern PA
    Turning off groups did reveal the missing shows. I'll try to delete them all and see if things get better. Thanks