Humax DVD and H20 HD sat box?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by antpeople, Jul 23, 2007.

1. antpeople

antpeople New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    phoenix
    Any of you Humax owners tried this yet? I just got a LCD tv and wanted to watch some HD, but can't seems to get the tivo and sat boxes to work together...or my tivo box at all.

Any ideas?

thanks - julie

2. Chester_Lampwick

Chester_Lampwick Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hamilton,...
    The Humax isn't Hi-Def. If you use component cable from the HR-20 you'll need to be able to set it for 480i. The idea of the HR-20 is it's a PVR, so you shouldn't need the TiVo.

3. antpeople

antpeople New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    phoenix
    Are you sure all R20 are PVRs? The box just says Receiver. I only requested a receiver. I have lifetime on my TIVO box, so I don't want to give that up. I really thought, after talking to the Direct TV rep that I could run one input as my TIVO and one input as HD tv. But, I can't get the Sat box to change the tivo channel to record. So, it's really not working. I don't know if its the boxes or a remote issue.

4. antpeople

antpeople New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    phoenix
    Well - thanks - some success. My tivo is working and changing channels and recording. Thats a great first step...now to see if I can watch HD on a different input when I am recording on TIVO!!

5. Chester_Lampwick

Chester_Lampwick Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hamilton,...
    Good stuff!

6. SullyND

SullyND W: 33-9 (Camping World Bowl) TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    The H20 is not a DVR.

7. antpeople

antpeople New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    phoenix
    Thanks - my brother was trying it out. He found that it will switch channels...only so you remember to watch something. But you need to be there live. It doesn't record.

I guess that is a cool option, if your watchcing live tv.