Humax drt800 Wireless Adapter

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by sfdf0623, Sep 26, 2015.

1. sfdf0623

sfdf0623 New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Calling all oldtimers....I mean Humax drt800 experts:up:

For faster transfers and ease of set up should I use:
    1. AGO100 wireless G
    2. ANO100 wireless N "bridged"

Please consider I have little to no Tivo knowledge and even less computer literacy,:eek:

THANKS VERY MUCH for any help:)

2. sfdf0623

sfdf0623 New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Can someone please help out with this. It would be most appreciated!!! Thanks very much

3. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    These are the fastest wireless adapters, as they off load some of the processing to the adapter itself. I haven't used either of these adapters, so I can't give you a comparison, but others have reported that these are faster than the other wireless adapters, and they are designed to work specifically with TiVos.

Please keep in mind the Series 2 TiVos don't transfer very fast no matter what adapter you use. But the TiVo adapters should give you the least amount of problems.

Hope that helps,
    robomeister

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Sorry I didn't notice your post sooner.

I vote for the TiVo G adapter if you have to go wireless.

(For a wired connection, the old Netgear FA120 USB to Ethernet adapter, or one other model by a different company that I can't remember at the moment, would be the way to go, but they're hard to find these days, especially at decent prices. And speaking of prices, check Craigslist for a used TiVo G at around $20 to $30)

I'm pretty sure the N has to be plugged into the TiVo's Ethernet jack, and the Humax doesn't have one, just a couple of USB ports.

I've got a Humax doing light duty, but 'though it sits about 3 feet from a stack of routers, I don't have any spare LAN ports so I'm using the G with the Humax and it works fine.

I've also used the G with other TiVos and it's a good little unit.