Humax DRT800 White Screen/Welcome&Almost

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by phillipjg, May 30, 2011.

1. phillipjg

phillipjg New Member

May 30, 2011

Advertisements

The original TIVO hard drive started cycling between Welcome and Almost screens without ever reaching the menu. I replaced the drive with a TIVO-ready drive off ebay, and the unit worked great for 3 weeks.

Then the DVD burner ran into trouble playing DVDs. My wife put in a "cleaning dvd", and the DVD burner stopped working altogether. I opened the unit to see if I could clean the laser manually without any luck.

When I put the unit back together, it was slow to respond to the remote and would stutter during live TV. I opened the unit back up to insure everything was connected. Upon putting it back together, it would go from the Welcome screen to a blank white screen skipping the Almost Three screen.

The replacement hard drive has a green light that shows power, but it's red light that blinks to show activity doesn't appear. When I connect the original hard drive, it goes back to the original problem of cycling between the two screens without a white screen.

The ebay seller thinks it's the power supply. The new hard drive uses a SATA connection with a IDE adapter. The adapter seems flimsy to me, and I'm afraid I may've been rough with it. Alternatively, perhaps the new hard drive has come up What with another error.

Is there a way to diagnose if it is the power supply? Could it be the IDE adapter? If I do replace the hard drive, I'll be looking for an image of a Humax DRT800 hard drive.

Any other suggestions or ideas?