Humax DRT800 appears to be eating USB to Ethernet adapters

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by clem2270, Feb 22, 2009.

1. clem2270

clem2270 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Washington...
    so, I have two Humax units, and for some reason, it appears that the unit in my bedroom is frying the USB->Ethernet adapters. I'm currently using the Tivo Wireless adapter and it has been working fine for the last 2 weeks; so far.

the two adapters that used to work are:

D-link - DUB-e100 / Ver A3 (first to die; worked for over a year)

Linksys - USB100TX / Ver b1 (this one survived for about 6 months)

The Tivo is connected to a voltage regulator, so there should be no power problems, and the network gear on the other end of the CAT5 cable is also connected to a UPS/voltage regulation unit, so there should be no power problems coming down the network cable.

I have swapped USB ports on the Tivo, and still experience network connection problems, until I switched to the wireless adapter.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, or might have a suggestion as to why this is happening?

thanks

2. sfdf0623

sfdf0623 New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Clem2270 I 'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question.....But

What wireless adapter did you use? I just got a drt 800 and am trying to get it ready to set up.

Please forgive me for jumping in here but I'm desperate,,

Anyone else that may know which adapter I need

Thanks Clem and everyone

3. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    There used to be a page on the Tivo help forums that listed the recommended wired and wireless USB to ethernet adapters. But I just looked and I can't find it on the tivo.com help forums. Maybe this is part of their legacy hardware cleanup.

It's possible that there is something wrong with your USB ports and too much power is on the port. And that is frying your adapters.

I have a supply of wired adapters, and some of the first generation TiVo wireless adapters. PM me if you want more info.

robomeister