Humans - S01E04 - 7/19/15 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gweempose, Jul 20, 2015.

1. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

I certainly didn't see that ending coming. What the hell did she pull out of her mouth? I'm really digging this show!

2. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    It was a bag to hold the human food it consumed during the meal.

3. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    That was just naaaasty. I did get a synth vibe from the detective's partner.

Did I see only 2 more episodes?

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    that's all that appears on imdb.

5. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio

Advertisements

There are 8 episodes in this season, 6 of which have aired (in the UK at least - looks like the US is 2 episodes behind).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_(TV_series)#Episodes

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    It was the hairdo. Total robot hair.

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That was really surprising. I didn't peg the female detective as a Synth at all. In fact, I thought she was kind of coming on to her partner. So is she one of the group like Leo and the others? Or is she something totally different?

I guess David Elster used his dead son's DNA to create a true AI to replace his son. Or maybe he used his own DNA. Either way, Elster essentially created a replacement for his dead son. It will be very interesting to find out where this goes.

I thought the role reversal at the end was kind of funny, with the husband suddenly wanting to get rid of Anita (to hide the evidence of his cheating) and the wife wanting to keep her (to figure out what's going on with her).

How crappy were the cops that had Niska caught and then just let her walk away? And what happened to all the other humans in that club that were there to beat up Synths? Are we really supposed to believe that one Synth starts fighting back and they all bolt? I'd think those people would have ganged up on her and she'd be nothing but a mangled pile of latex and silicon.

8. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Well that took a turn. I guess Chekhov's Handbook meant it was going to happen sooner or later but I thought it would have been the son (somehow -- I know he's not the primary user but the sister was tweaking things). Not that the husband was a favorite character or anything but I was slightly rooting for him. Now, not so much.

Note to self: Make sure if my wife ever gets a male synth that I make myself the primary user.

9. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I had no idea you had those bi urges!

:p

10. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Why do you say that as if one precludes the other?

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I guess it doesn't if it's a truly aware AI synth like Leo (and apparently the female detective). But I would think that a regular Synth wouldn't have the programming to be subtly making advances toward a co-worker.

12. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm not sure that Leo is a synth. Did you see the scene where he was pissing in the weeds? Even the most advanced synth we have seen (the female detective) does not appear to pee. I suspect Leo is some sort of cyborg -- human Leo with his brain (and maybe some other parts) partially or entirely replaced with synthetic components.

13. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Didn't they search the backpacks for human DNA and find some? Leo has synth spare parts, for sure, but he also bleeds red.

14. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    Right. Human DNA, bleeds red, and pisses (and apparently needs food and water judging by what they found in the backpack). But he also has a charging port. That makes him a cyborg in my book.

15. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    San Antonio
    I had an inkling about Voss being a synth from the first time we met her. Then it kind of faded then came back.

I feel for Toby, blowing off a real live girl for a fantasy....

I'm loving this show.

I recognised Tosh from Torchwood immediately.

16. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I didn't - now I'm trying to remember the episode and the part she had, and I'm coming up blank. What character was she?

17. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    The wife's boss. The scene where they were walking up stairs talking about that "my synth has human rights" case.

--Carlos V.

18. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
  19. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    Toby is an idiot.

20. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i began watching in part due to william hurt's role as dr. millican, and immediately recognized tom goodman-hill as joe (mr. grove - pbs' mr. selfridge), but i just figured out where i knew odi from (olyvar - hbo's game of thrones):

[​IMG]

can't believe it took me this long to recognize odi, dr. millicans storyline is probably my favorite at this point in the show.

Attached Files:

• oo.jpg
      oo.jpg
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views: