Humans - S01E03 - 7/12/15 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Jul 13, 2015.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Anita got thrashed by that van hitting her. I was very surprised to see just a few "skin" tears but no breaks in the internal frame. Synths must be made out of some pretty strong material. Pretty cool that her eye just automatically heals itself. Wonder why they couldn't make the skin do that as well.

Why would a Synth need to wear a bra? Couldn't they engineer the boobs so they stay up on their own?

What's up with Niska meeting Leo and Fred at the emergency rendezvous point but then telling them she's not going with them? Why even show up if she's just going to bail on them? And when she ordered that drink in the bar: What happens when a Synth ingests food or liquid? Do they have fake digestive systems?

The filming of the "wreck" of William Hurt's Mercedes was comically bad. It looked like it was going about 1 mph before it hit the tree stump. With Odi all alone in the forest, I assume he'll just run out of batteries and go dormant. Since William Hurt's character is so keen on preserving the "memories" that Odi has, I'm surprised he didn't try to take him to some modder that could download all the data from Odi and then upload it into a more current Synth. Or just repair Odi so he's no longer malfunctioning. Seems odd that he felt that he'd have to hide him in the shed and then abandon him in the forest.

I'm not sure I care yet about the guy hunting Leo's team. And the Synth cop who just got suspended is going to cause some trouble, but I don't care about him either.

2. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    I assume the bra is just to make them seem more life like.

3. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    The eye thing was cool, but it also kind of bothered me. If they have technology that is that advanced, there is no way the rest of their world would still look like our own.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this show. The actress who plays Anita deserves an Emmy nomination. She is incredible.

4. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    She is a model with 18+ features. This show aired pre-watershed. That explains the bra.

It's painful watching her performance and then watching Dark Matter. Currently our favorite new show.

5. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

She was in the latest episode of the series "Dates", a British import on the CW. She seems to specialize in robotic performances.

On the other hand, I think the robot on "Dark Matter" is more fun.

6. mostman

mostman Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Boston
    We had the same conversation in our house. The Dark Matter android is pitifully bad. Really the only low spot of acting on that show. Dark Matter with Anita would be so much better.

7. thewebgal

thewebgal MacAphile AV geek

Aug 10, 2007
    DC 'burbs
    I grew up as a hard-core SF reader - I'd been watching the SciFi channel since day 1 but I gave up on any semblance of decent SF from the SkyFried channel about 2 years back. With fluff shows like Ascension that could have been well done, but weren't, they just tick me off. And Pro wrestling?? you gotta be kidding me!

But with shows like Humans, Doctor Who, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell, and Orphan Black airing elsewhere, who needs the Skyfied channel anyway?

(Tho I do get cool vibes with characters named Capek and Anita's rescue this week as somewhat like "The Electric Grandmother" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083876/)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    This.....and I was really jolted when the daughter was connecting Anita straight to her laptop and Anita yelled "I'm in here! Help me!"...

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The show has been consistently good, but that was an OUTSTANDING moment both within the story and showing the range of the actress as all of a sudden she was no longer an emotionless automaton for that moment.

10. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I agree. It was horrific, too, because up until that point I had been thinking that Anita was aware and autonomous at all times but hiding and acting. That moment revealed that the truth is that she's trapped inside and perhaps doesn't have as much autonomy as I had thought.