Hulu to Roll Out Episodes of Three Hit U.K. Series - "Misfits"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hulu-roll-episodes-three-hit-197041
    I've watch both season of "Misfits" and I highly recommend it. It's about a group kids (late teens early 20's) who get super powers while doing community service. It's funny but has it's a lot of dark and serious moments. It's not your typical 'super hero' show.

2. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Misfits is a phenomenal show. I HIGHLY recommend it. I can't wait until Series 3. I'm not familiar with Whites or The Booth at the End.

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    If you want a non-typical super hero show there's a much better one.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/No_Heroics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zpMTKvvgk

It's available on channel 101 on DirecTV.

4. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I caught Whites when it was run in the UK. Very reminiscent of Chef! but with Alan Davis as the lead character. I quite liked it. Certainly worth a look if you like the dryer British humor (which I do, being a Brit!!).

Was not overly impressed with the first episode of Misfits, so I didn't watch any more.

5. Malcontent

Sep 4, 2004
    While I've only seen the Youtube clip of No_Heroics it appears to be pure comedy.

While there is a great deal of humor in "Misfits" there is a great deal of drama which turns dark and violent at times. The series deals with the characters trying to cope with their new abilities and trying their best to keep them secret.

The series as a whole is great. The development of the characters and the overall story really do come together. It's not a "fighting crime" show. The first season deals heavily the characters trying desperately to keep their powers a secret (what lengths some of them are willing to go). Trying to figure out what comes next. Are there any others like them out there?

6. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    The article suggests that the shows will be ad-free on Hulu plus. Most shows on Plus aren't ad-free.

7. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
    I've seen Whites (what a shame it didn't get a second series), but maybe I'll give Misfits another chance.

Meanwhile, it appears that "The Booth at the End" is neither British nor TV. It's an American web series.

8. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Sounds a lot like Heroes.

9. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    It's more: 1st Season Heroes + Breakfast Club + Breaking Bad

But really, it is unique unto itself.

10. pantherman007

pantherman007 Blah blah blah

Jan 3, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I would highly recommend giving Misfits a second chance. I can see how the first 2-3 episodes might come off as routine as they go through the "who has what power" thing. Well worth it after that.

11. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    Figured I'd post this here instead of creating a new thread. For those who might not know, there is a Misfits Special coming on September 15th called "Vegas Baby!" Had I not been setting up Sickbeard I would have missed it since I knew the 3rd Season doesn't start until November.

12. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Sweet - thanks! I would have totally missed that.

13. Malcontent

Sep 4, 2004
    Yeah, I checked and Sickbeard already has this special set to be downloaded. I wouldn't have missed it. It would have just been a nice surprise when it was downloaded.

14. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Been watching Misfits since reading about it here. I'm about halfway thru season 2. Great show. It's very funny, well-acted, unusual.

15. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Watched it all the way through, still can't understand a word Lauren Socha (Kelly) is saying.

phox

16. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Completely bumping this up because I'm getting into Misfits and it's phenomenal. A breath of fresh air-I love it!

17. Malcontent

Sep 4, 2004
    Josh Schwartz remaking "Misfits," the UK's teen version of "Heroes"

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/10/misfits_josh_schwartz_coming_t.html

18. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
  19. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
  20. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    A Brit I work with recommended this show to me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even HE had a tough time understanding her. :)

And be forewarned, if anyone is planning on watching this with their kids -- don't!! It can get QUITE vulgar.