Hulu Premium Content a No-show

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Bruce Watts, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bruce Watts

Bruce Watts New Member

Feb 10, 2019

Advertisements

Hello all,
    Decided to go with the BOLT device as a plan to dump Dish after 30 years and integrate all of my steam services like hulu,prime, netflix etc. Installed and setup the BOLT OTA last night and was immediately impressed with the interface navigation etc. Then sadly I hit a wall with content availability and found that my premium sports channels in Hulu are not populating in TIVO box.
    After a bit of digging, I came across the information below, however it's from 2017. Can someone chime in here and verify that my Hulu premium channels is not supported. If this is the case, sadly the BOLT goes back. Gotta have my sports.
    Thx
    Bw

upload_2019-2-15_9-25-2.png

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Tony_T likes this.
  4. Bruce Watts

Bruce Watts New Member

Feb 10, 2019

Advertisements

Thanks, I saw this as well, so which side of the fence is the issues for not allowing passthrough of the
    "Latest Hulu app" content?

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Not sure what you mean, but I believe the answer is Hulu. Apps are developed by the service providers, not TiVo. (Though some fault lies w/ TiVo if their app platform adds an additional hurdle, beyond the disincentive associated with market share.)

6. Bruce Watts

Bruce Watts New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    What hulu calls their "Latest Hulu app" Tivo devices are not listed, so they chose not to play friendly with Tivo community for some reason. I am surprised there is not a big push to collaborate and allow content that folks pay for with hulu watchable through Tivo.
    The issue is certainly not technology constraint , the interface can be developed and a version of it already exist thus allowing the classic content.