Hulu Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by kevin12345, May 24, 2011.

1. kevin12345

kevin12345 New Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Got the updated and signed up for my free month. Video quality seems better than netflix. Selection was not that great though. Also there are commercials? Would have thought a pay service would be commercial free. Anyone use hulu? Thoughts on content. Maybe I am missing something but did not seem to be any good movies or other great content.

2. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 New Member

May 6, 2011
    Pay for TiVo service and yet there are ads...

3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Has nothing to do with TiVo, and everything to do with Hulu+

From the Hulu Plus website:

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You pay for cable & there are ads.. (Though of course you can use your Tivo to avoid those ads.)

5. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 New Member

May 6, 2011
    I know. I wasn't talking about Hulu. I was talking about TiVo as another case of ad-supported services not being free.

6. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    At least with TiVo you can ignore the ads. I almost didn't know what you were talking about because I don't see the ads in the UI anymore; I've mentally blocked them. With Hulu+, there's no way to avoid the commercials; trickplay is disabled during the commercials, so no fast-forwarding past them.

7. sbq

sbq New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I don't have a Hulu+ account but I tried the free clips they had listed, the HD clips were very nice, even better than a lot of the so called "HD" that Comcast pushes to us chumps who pay for their fraud. the SD clips though caused all kinds of problems for me, I'd lose the signal and go to a white noise screen for 2 seconds, though sound was working fine, then I'd come in late to the video signal. Seems Hulu+ app doesn't like switching between HD and SD on the Tivo.