1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hulu no longer an option on Onepass

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by leedav08, Jun 10, 2018.

1. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    so early this week I had my shows all in the onepass library which spanned content provides from Netflix, Hulu, amazon prime, and OTA broadcasts. I was messing around on Hulu and I didn’t really think about it but there was an option called merge watch list with my stuff thinking it would align what I had on my Hulu phone app with he TiVo Hulu app. Long story short, now Hulu is no longer recognized as an option for onepass. All shows that are on Hulu have been lost and It seems like this happened after I did the merge.
    I contacted TiVo support and they couldn’t figure it out and said they would have to investigate the problem further.
    Anyone experience this problem?
    I’ve tried wiping my TiVo and reload everything but still same problem.

computersteve likes this.
  2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Is the Hulu app still checked as an option under apps? If so, maybe remove it and reboot the TiVo and the add it back.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I did nothing and nearly all Hulu episodes are missing from my streaming OnePasses, where they *should* be present. For example:

Seinfeld
    The Last Man on Earth​

I just noticed the problem this afternoon, when I wondered why Seinfeld had popped to near the top of my date-sorted My Shows listing. A quick look revealed all the streaming episodes previously suppled by Hulu were missing -- though still available if I opened the Hulu app, itself.

Is there some place to report OnePass issues, or are we stuck calling TiVo Support?

p.s. I've done nothing to troubleshoot the issue. May give @PSU_Sudzi's suggestion a try, later.

4. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    Hulu is still checked and I can go into it in the app section. I just can’t put any shows from Hulu in onepass. It’s no longer recognized but Netflix and prime still are.

5. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    Sorry misread this. I’ll try what you said and let you know.

6. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Just used the TiVo search and I can’t find a lot of stuff on Hulu I know should be there but is missing (This is Us) but others are there like Handmaid’s Tale. So this appears unrelated to the OP’s list merge.

7. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    Ok good to know that it isn’t isolated to me. But when I do search I don’t get anything from Hulu. Even something like Star Trek TNG which is on Netflix prime and Hulu only lists Netflix and prime as options. I’ve tried handmaidens tale and that doesn’t come up either.

8. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    It’s “Handmaid’s Tale”, try searching for that and see if you find it, I did.

9. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    You were right. Found it. Would you tell me if you can find these shows thru Onepass?
    Futurama
    Scrubs
    Rick and Morty
    Or any of the Star Trek series

10. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    They are available just not via Hulu.

11. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    I’m seeing same issue with these shows

12. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    Anyone know if Hulu tech support looks at these threads often? And more importantly actually see a fix from something for on the forums. Haven’t had a lot of confidence in their tech support when talking to them by phone.

13. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I could just about guarantee that Hulu doesn’t read this forum, if it even knows about it.

You’ll want to direct a call or tweet to TiVo Support to get this OnePass metadata issue resolved.

14. leedav08

leedav08 New Member

May 30, 2018
    Sorry I meant TiVo tech support. And I did contact TiVo tech by phone but was giving the usual flowchart of trying to fix stuff any time I call. Don’t have a lot of confidence the tech person actually understood the problem I was trying to tell them.

15. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Try TiVo support on Twitter, they seem to monitor their account.

16. Kaphka

Kaphka New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    We've been discussing this here: Recent Hulu OnePass issues
    Sometime in mid-April, Tivo stopped adding new Hulu content to OnePass. On June 6, all of the existing listings disappeared.

"Handmaid's Tale" is probably an exception that's handled manually, since Tivo knows that people would complain if new episodes don't appear immediately. I haven't found anything else. Even other Hulu originals like "The Path" are gone. EDIT: Actually, I just noticed that they stopped adding new episodes to "Handmaid's Tale" as of May. There are three episodes of "Handmaid's Tale" listed from April, and as far as I can tell that's the only Hulu content in the entire Tivo database.

This has been a problem for two months and Tivo hasn't even acknowledged it, so I don't think we should expect it to be fixed.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    dfreybur and computersteve like this.
  17. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    CC: @TiVo_Ted

18. klinger

klinger New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    As of this morning, almost all of the streaming apps disappeared from my Tivo Roamio. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOgo, YouTube and more are gone. All that's left are Pandora and iHeartRadio.

19. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Wow! Is your network still working? Perhaps something at TiVo has decided your Roamio is really a Mini.

Are Alexa and Get New Experience still there?

klinger likes this.
  20. klinger

klinger New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Alexa and Get New Experience are also missing. Network seems fine.