Hulu: Future Man (2017)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hairyblue, Nov 27, 2017.

1. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    Anyone else watching this? I have 3 episodes left. It's MA rated, so it's crude at times and dumb. But it's also fun to watch the show make fun of itself. Glade I tried it. Only 30min episodes.

tonestert likes this.
  2. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...

Yes, I've watched the whole season. Definitely right up my alley. Lots of great winks at time-travel movies, and other sci-fi.

And you're in for some more TV-MA treats in the last 3 episodes. :D

hairyblue likes this.
  3. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I keep seeing ads for it on the home page. I may have to check it out.

4. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I thought it was awful. Deleted half way through the first episode. Clearly aimed at the younger generation.

5. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I like it. It's about time we got a good time travel series that isn't based in Vancouver.

hairyblue likes this.
  6. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    You guys recognize any of the actors. I know the father and mother. And that Stew guy is the little kid from the 6th sense.

7. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Both Keith David and Paul Scheer -- Dr. Kornish, and the bald guy who works at the video game store, respectively -- have been in a ton of other stuff. Britt Lower, who plays the assistant at Kornish Industries who's briefly Josh's love interest (and who claims that she's a "4" in the genetically-perfect future, which is a great line), I recognized from an FX comedy show called "Man Seeking Woman."

8. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    You have a better eye than me. I did recognize the video store guy with the gap teeth. He was on Harmonquest, but haven't see him in anything else. I saw the 6 sense kid in some bad horror movie. I guess he is trying to cross over from kid to adult star. He was funny. Hope it happens for him.

There were a lot of wink to us moments that I liked about the series. Glad I watched it.

9. TampaThunder

TampaThunder Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    Had never heard of this show until I saw this thread. Sounded intriguing so watched the whole thing yesterday/today and really enjoyed it so thanks big-time for the recommendation.

Right off the bat had a bad feeling when it had the dedication to Glenne Headley. Always loved her and was sorry to hear she had passed in July. First I heard of it.

I knew the video game store guy from The League and the head of the meth lab/scientist who they went to about the Cameronium from Silicon Valley. Tiger was one of my favorites from Happy Endings which was a great show. Very strong cast overall. The guy who played Wolf was excellent.

Hope this comes back for another season.

hairyblue likes this.
  10. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I've got 3 or 4 more episodes to go, but am really enjoying it as well.
    I'm a baby boomer, so it's too bad that some folks bailed on this within 15 minutes of the pilot episode assuming it is targeted for the millennials.

For some reason, I always confuse Eliza Coupe (Happy Endings) with Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul).

I'd never heard of Derek Wilson before, but his portrayal as Wolf steals the show! Every scene he is in, even in the background, is hilarious. I love it how he shouts out his moves during fight scenes (e.g., NECK PUNCH! WRIST BITE!) <-- actually Joshy bit the wrist and shouted out that one. Even when making a souffle, Wolf shouted out descriptions of himself beating the eggs and mocked them with "YOUR SHELLS ARE WEAK!" LOL!!

Super sad about Glenne Headly passing away shortly after wrapping production. Especially during the scenes where the story (episode 8) called for other characters thinking she was dead when she was briefly detained by the cops.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    TampaThunder likes this.
  11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Completed watching all episodes and really looking forward to another season of Foo-derman ... erm, Futterman ... uhhh, FUTURE MAN!

12. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I watched 7 or so this weekend. I like it more than I should. Lots of references that I enjoy in the show.

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I loved it.

14. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    I was re-watching Preacher on Hulu and Derek Wilson plays "Donnie" too. He is funny. The Preacher is a great show.

15. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    How young are we talking here? I'm 52 and I love it; my wife's 51 and she loves it. How old exactly does one have to be before one starts not having fun?

rdrrepair and NJChris like this.
  16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    58?

(I'm 57...been a while since I've been considered part of the "younger generation"! Feels kinda...nice.)

17. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    68; and as I said above, I think it's the best time travel series not from Canada in a long while.

18. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I really enjoyed this show! It's been a long time since I laughed out loud so much. I really hope it gets picked up for another season, although Glenn Headly will be sorely missed. :(

19. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I disagree. A lot of the references would only be funny to people who grew up in the 80's. For example, there is no way your average millennial would get The Last Starfighter joke.

20. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I stumbled across this show Saturday. Ended up watching the entire thing that day and I loved it. Very fun show. It started out weird, but it got so great. Hope there will be a season 2.

There was discussion about recognizing actors from other stuff. I recognized a lot of people. I kept thinking I knew Wolf from something. I looked at his IMDB page and didn't recognize anything he's been in.

I loved Wolf taking a break from saving the world in the 1980s to become a kidnapping chef.