Hulu freezing with bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Joanee, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Joanee

Joanee New Member

Dec 25, 2016
    Suddenly Hulu is freezing with my bolt. Everything else works fine. Someone posted a fix.
    The Hulu people were quite helpful but they could not solve the problem even after changing a setting on their end. This just started last night (Dec 24)

The problem must be with the TIVO because Hulu works fine in my laptop and phone.

2. rablake

rablake Member

Mar 31, 2005
    I have the same problem lately with HULU on a Roamio through Comcast. I keep having to go back to TIVO Central and restarting HULU. The I can watch until it freezes once more. Frustrating.

3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I do not know anything about Hulu, but I get a lot of freezing with my Bolt when watching Amazon. I can get the picture going again by just instantaneously hitting rewind, then play - maybe that will work for Hulu too?

4. RSCHOON

RSCHOON Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I've got the same issue, but on my Roamio and Mini and mine only seems to happen with Hulu. It constantly freezes, I think that it is always when it's playing or retrieving an ad...I don't remember ever getting the issue when watching normally. That said, this isn't new for me, it's been happening since the summer at least.

5. werk

werk Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Same issue here, only on Hulu app on Roamio and Mini. The Mini is pretty much unusable, Roamio starts to crap out after about 75 minutes. On the Roamio, the entire app becomes more and more unresponsive, so I'm guessing it's some sort of memory leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rablake

rablake Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Yesterday at 1 am or so and again today at about the same time hulu stutters several times and then freezes. Today, I let the frozen picture stay on the screen a while to see if it would come back but instead the Tivo quit and re-booted. Of course, this also made that left column for My Shows re-appear as it does so often. Clean it up please tivo.

7. adessmith

adessmith Active Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I'm having the same problem with our roamio. I haven't timed it, but it seems to go a little over an hour before it starts to act up.
    At first it only does it once every few minutes, but it slowly gets worse until it is unwatchable.
    I have seen a few occasions where our roamio has rebooted randomly, and now that I think about it, it has always been while it has just been left on after the kids have been watching cartoons (which is frequently hulu). Its very likely that the reboots are happening while hulu is auto-playing cartoons which no one is watching and it keeps locking up until it completely reboots.
    I just go a brand new mini but haven't spent much time watching hulu on it, so I can't say if this problem occurs on my mini.

8. JimMay3

JimMay3 New Member

May 12, 2017
    I have same problem on a hard wired ethernet Roamio OTA about half way into a movie it will start freezing up. I never experience this issue on my Fire Tv, also swapped cables around and still can not narrow down to anything other than the unit or app on the OTA. Any updates?

9. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    I have the same issue with my Bolt+ and Roamio. Currently I am watching a series of programs that about 40 minutes in length and I get through 1 and 2/3 programs before it starts locking up. I exit and go back into Hulu. So When I resume the show, it starts about a few minutes prior to when the locking up started. Will have no more issues until the I get through 1 2/3 shows. I am thinking there is a problem with the streaming buffer for Hulu. Like everyone else, I don't seem to have that same problem with my other streaming apps.

10. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I can't even get Hulu to load today.

11. waynenm

waynenm New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Albuquerque,...
    Ditto, and it has been going on for months.

12. ExplodingSidewalk

ExplodingSidewalk New Member

Jun 5, 2017
    I have a Tivo Roamio OTA 1Tb with two Tivo Minis and all three are having Hulu (no ad) freezes / blank screen / lock ups. When I view Hulu (no ad) via Roku Ultra and Roku Streaming Stick there are no issues.

This is definitely a Tivo problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

13. rablake

rablake Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Solved my Tivo/Hulu problem by buying an Apple TV and watching Hulu problem-free that way.

14. MaxH42

MaxH42 New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Yep, I gave up on it and now use my Roku for all streaming, and the Bolt+ just as a DVR.

15. computersteve

computersteve Member

Jun 10, 2016
    OCEANSIDE