Hulu free for 6 months for all Premieres?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jaredmwright, May 20, 2011.

1. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    http://www3.tivo.com/promo/huluplusoffer/code/index.html

Guess they are almost ready to turn it live.

[​IMG]

I tried registering my Premiere and it kicks back the TSN right away, must be only Premieres registered after the promo starts, bummer.

2. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    What a deal. Really.

3. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 New Member

May 6, 2011
    Registered fine here. Thanks.

4. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    Page now seems to be gone. ;)

5. Tunemantp

Tunemantp New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Link not working. What's the deal? What did it say?

6. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    I was able to register my Premiere that I received today before the page got pulled. Since we already had Hulu+ it added 6 months to our subscription... or says it will within 30 days. I also got an email confirmation that states the redemption period is through 6/2012 so it might be awhile before we actually see Hulu+ on our boxes.

7. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
  8. deepthinker

deepthinker Member

Oct 25, 2002
    DFW, TX
    When I called earlier to cancel service for my 2 TiVo HD boxes, because I have replaced them with Premieres, the rep did his best to talk me into keeping the units online. One of his pitches was that Hulu+ was coming "really soon". Feel free to take that with a grain of salt.

9. KCcardsfan

KCcardsfan New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Woops somebody jump the gun in putting that link live. It should be coming very soon I would think. 6 months free sounds pretty good.

10. rdodolak

rdodolak Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Yeah, but this popped up on the Hulu site a day or two ago. Previously this link didn't work ... looks like Hulu Plus on the TiVo Premiere is right around the corner.

http://www.hulu.com/plus/tivo

[​IMG]

11. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    HeatherA, FierceDeityLink1, What month did you guys activate your Premieres? Trying to get a handle on how "new" they have to be to get the 6 month promotion. Thanks!

12. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    This month... I just received it yesterday.

13. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Crap!! I missed this!
    Six free months is worth $48!

14. Tunemantp

Tunemantp New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    My premiere is exactly a month old... One can hope...

15. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm not so sure this means anything at all. Whatever the reason for the delay (technical, licensing, etc.) it certainly would have no effect on marketing or these silly web pages. That stuff has been completed for months. I think someone jumped the gun and put up some web pages they shouldn't have.

16. hooper

hooper Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Well they can't offer Hulu+ until the update rollout completes.... Don't have it yet on my box.

17. RickNY

RickNY Member

Sep 16, 2007
    I think its a little messed up that the 6 month promo only applies to newly activated Premiere units, while those of us that have been enduring the pain that is Premiere for a while get stuck with just a one month trial.. But hey, they are in the business of selling new Tivos, not making existing customers happy..

18. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    so only the people who buy premires recently are worth anything to Tivo, apparently.

just another reason Tivo will never get my business again

19. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    The Hulu Plus UI is rendered in Flash, which only the Premiere supports. But, yeah, it's safe to assume the bulk of current development work is for the Premiere platform.

When the page leaked earlier this week, folks were able to register relatively new Premiere. However, the fine print today says only those activated 5/23 or later. It's probably worth trying your TSN.