Hulu app

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by mpf541, Nov 9, 2019.

1. mpf541

mpf541 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Well I was pretty happy with the edge until I started up Hulu. After dropping cable I started using Hulu. It would be nice if the Hulu app was at least up to date on a new box. There is no way to access the Hulu DVR so see shows that Hulu saved.

Apps on all other devices have this feature built in. Why can't it be included on the edge? While I don't expect that app to have all the features the tivo dvr has there really is no reason when there is a Hulu app on the tivo it can't be as up to date as the Hulu app on my Apple TV and my LG TV,

What a disappointment. It seems that while tivo wants to says it is the best device they can't seem to make apps that are very good.

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Hulu has no plans to update the Tivo app

3. mpf541

mpf541 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    But they should consider it. As Hulu app is being updated on other platforms. If they want to sell this and say how good it is on streaming services they really should make it better. As it is they added some crummy tivo+ app that does not work very well. What tivo needs to do is sell this as a DVR. Stop trying to make it look like a hub for all your entertainment as it really does a poor job at that. Every streaming app that tivo has added is not very good. When my TV does a better job at it you would think tivo could also do this.

4. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    You need to get on the Hulu boards. Tivo doesn’t write or update the apps

5. spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin Say no to Hydra!

Dec 1, 2017
    One would think that Tivo would want to at least try and act on their customers behalf. Maybe Tivo could actually be transparent about their attempt to at least talk to Hulu and other streaming apps to get their customer the best possible Tivo experience.

6. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    In theory yes but they’re not going to tell us that Hulu told them to go pound sand.

compnurd and trip1eX like this.