Hulu App Not working on Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by amtanner, Apr 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. amtanner

amtanner Amtanner

Nov 29, 2014

Advertisements

I am having a problem wit the HULU App on my Bolt. I get a message saying Unable to stream this content check your network connection (5003). My network is solid as HULU works on my Roku as well as my Visio smart TV. I have been going back and forth with TIVO for about a month without success.
    Has anybody else had this problem? Has anybody have thoughts on a solution?

2. DanDietrich

DanDietrich New Member

Dec 16, 2017
    I have had this exact issue with several streaming apps, all of which work perfectly through the smart TV my TiVo is hooked to. I don't understand it. HBO, CBS, curiousity stream.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

3. amtanner

amtanner Amtanner

Nov 29, 2014
    Was this ever resolved? Just oit of curiosity, who is your internet provider.

4. DanDietrich

DanDietrich New Member

Dec 16, 2017
    My internet provider is FiOS, but I think the problem is on the TiVo end.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

5. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008

Advertisements

Try logging into your Hulu account on a computer and remove the bolt from your account and try to stream again from the bolt. You will have to reauthorize the bolt.

6. amtanner

amtanner Amtanner

Nov 29, 2014

7. amtanner

amtanner Amtanner

Nov 29, 2014
    Thanks for the help, however, I did all that without a result. Tivo told me that they have many complaints about this and are working on it. It has nothing to do with the internet provider. So I guess I/we will just need to wait, and wait for Tivo to resolve. In the meantime I will use either my smart TV or Roku for Hulu content.

8. amtanner

amtanner Amtanner

Nov 29, 2014

9. amtanner

amtanner Amtanner

Nov 29, 2014
    I have found a solution for this. I have have had much back and forth with Tivo and went so far as exchanging my box under warranty, all without success. I finally called HULU and spoke with a very knowledgeable support rep at HULU. He thought that my internet speed was too fast for HULU/Tivo. I have Fios gigabit connection. After learning this I invested $10 and bought a 10/100 switch that I placed between My Gigabit router and Tivo. This seems to have worked like a charm!! Hope this will help others.

JoeKustra likes this.
  10. Mike G M

Mike G M New Member

Feb 17, 2021
    I have been having this problem for over a year and contacted both Hulu and TiVo. The only way to restore Hulu operation is to reboot the TiVo box. I have never seen a company (TiVo) taking such a poor response to this issue. Hulu recommended to use another product other than TiVo.

11. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs

12. Jimbo428

Jimbo428 New Member

May 12, 2021
    I have been having the same problem for months. i have contacted TIVO on 3 separate occasions, including today. They act like they are not aware of the problem, but it appears from the threads that its been going on for years. I have a Bolt and a Mini. I can get into Hulu most times, but do get an error if i go from streaming in a different app, like Amazon or Netflix, directly to HuLu. That's when I get the error messages. I have gotten them also on the mini. The only way to resolve the issue is to reboot the Bolt each time, regardless of whether the error is on the Bolt or the Mini.