Huge delay starting playback from minis?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Hichhiker, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Hichhiker

Hichhiker Just me.

Apr 21, 2002
    Not sure if this is related to pre-roll ads - I do not seem to have them yet - but as of a few days ago there is a pronounced delay when starting a show from either Vox mini or non-Vox mini (but not from main box) - Something like 7-10 seconds. It sits on the menu screen and then, after delay, switched to video playback - leading me to think it is not pre-roll (that and lack of actual ads) There was always a little delay, but it was never this long before.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Is the host in power saving or Standby?

3. Hichhiker

Hichhiker Just me.

Apr 21, 2002
    No, and it is 100% repeatable. I can start a show and immediately stop and go back and start it again - same delay.

4. Markus57

Markus57 New Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Over the course of a few weeks, my Mini gets progressively slower for all operations but playback delay is a first sign. Then switching to menu or guide takes seconds. Almost like a memory leak. I unplug power and plug in; after boot it runs fine for another few weeks.

5. Hichhiker

Hichhiker Just me.

Apr 21, 2002
    For what its worth, after about a week or two of that, everything went back to normal and this has not recurred for a while. (Until it all broke completely, but that turned out to be Google's fault unrelated to Tivo)