HR20-700 newbie questions and observations

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by nineinchnailsmk, Oct 10, 2006.

1. nineinchnailsmk

nineinchnailsmk New Member

Jan 2, 2005

Advertisements

Hello all, I just received my HR20-700 yesterday and I have a few questions and cool observations I have made (and yes, i did do a search for my answers prior to posting...so please dont flame me...lol)

1.) Can you "force" a phone call to D* like you could with the HD Tivo?

2.) Are the software updates through the phone or satellite?

3.) Is there any confirmed date for the OTA enabling or is it just "sometime in October?"

4.) I am in chicago, will they ever decide to add PBS HD (11-1 on ota), WGN HD (9-1 on OTA), or UPN HD (26-1) as local HD channels received via satellite. I miss those channels!

My cool observations:

When you go to Sports Mix or News Mix you can see the top programs people are watching.

There is no option specifically for "Wish List," however, it keeps your recent searches available.

Sorry for being such a noob on this, but they are just general questions that I was curious to know the answers to.

BTW, I got this receiver for basically "free" by calling Customer Retention. They charged my CC $107 and gave me a $107 credit on my last bill. They also waived shipping and handling and gave me a free install. The only problem was, it took me 3 weeks to get my equipment and install.

Thanks in advance for all of your help. I was also wondering any other cool observations you guys may have made with the new Directv HD DVR.

2. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
  3. nineinchnailsmk

nineinchnailsmk New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    maybe thats why i couldnt find too much info...lol

again i apologize in advance