HR10 Skip problem...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by hybucket, Aug 22, 2007.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I've never had a problem with the 30-second skip thing on my HR 10 - but tonight I'm watching THE COMPANY recorded on TNTHD, and the 30-second skip is going forward only 5 or 10 seconds (hard to tell). It works fine on other recorded programs from other channels. ANy one else experience this?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  3. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Thanks - I was sure I'd seen it somewhere, but couldn't find it.
    BTW, halfway into the program, and it now works. Go figure.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Yeah, that seems to be the way it works. It is some what haphazard.
    Have you noticed that the 8s replay is messed up as well?

5. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    HDN seems to have this problem a lot. Sometimes it affects the entire program, and sometimes not. Just last week I recorded some movie over there and by mistake I recorded it on two HR10's (same exact time). It was doing the 5-second thing, and I compared it to the other recording on the other HR10, and that one was fine :eek: . About a half-hour later the original one was OK as well.

I used to watch Joan of Arcadia on HDN last year (maybe on HDNM) and it seemed to do it on every episode I recorded.

My theory is that something in the bitstream that is like a timestamp to the 30-second FFW thing is not being interpreted properly, but even if that theory is right, it doesn't help any of us much :eek: .

6. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Yup - that's screwed up as well.
    And yes, I've also had all kind of weird things recording/playing back stuff from HDNet.