HR10-250 stuck at 60% acquiring satellite info

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by DWDM, Nov 22, 2006.

1. DWDM

DWDM New Member

Oct 21, 2006

Advertisements

My HR10-250 (S/W 3.1) is not able to get past 60% while acquiring the satellite info. My dish, multiswitch, cables are all good as I've plugged them into another receiver and everything works fine. I've also tried restoring my backed up image of the hard drive and still no go

Can both satellite tuners go bad at once? Any chance I can still make this receiver work? Thanks in advance.

2. MikeNorman

MikeNorman New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    Okla City,...

When this happens to me I unplugged the HR10-250 for several minutes. Sometime I have to do it twice or more for a few minutes then it loads.
    Mike

3. ejasons

ejasons New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Beaverton,...
    A few months ago, mine always stuck at 59% when powering up -- it sounds like that's what yours is doing also. I tried to reimage the drive, and, when I did, the screen filled with I/O errors. I imaged onto a new one (400GB), and everything has been great since...

Jason

4. MikeNorman

MikeNorman New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    Okla City,...
    Come to think about it I had a Direct R10 unit do the same thing. It was a bad disk drive and I had to have Direct replace the unit to fix the problem.
    Mike