HR10-250 stopped recording

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by PJO1966, Apr 12, 2007.

1. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

Last night I started watching Jericho 20 minutes in while it was still recording. It stopped recording about 45 minutes into the show. There was no reboot, because I was watching the whole time. I saw no reason for it to stop recording. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I just checked my recording and it is complete.

3. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    This is a problem with 6.x. When the drive fills up sometimes instead of deleting an old show it stops recording.

4. PJO1966

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

I'm only at 29.1% used... not even close to being filled. :confused:

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...

Advertisements

Was it just this one program, or is it still not recording anything? Have you rebooted the Tivo? If it's just this one program, it could have been a momentary signal glitch.

6. PJO1966

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

So far it was just that one program. A glitch sounds about right.

7. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    I've had this start happening to me on about 3 shows now.
    It did it 45 min into the first run of the "American Graffiti" premier on HD Movies, & also did it on a couple episodes of "American Chopper" on DHD. But, when I rescheduled American Graffiti, it completely recorded this time.

I'm NOT full & I've NEVER had this sort of thing happen to me, on ANY of my units... :( :(

8. diagoro

diagoro New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    For Jericho, I had the same problem but saw that there was a DirecTv message stating 'service is down'. Clearly not an issue with the unit...although equally disapointing.

9. scooby_doo_53

scooby_doo_53 New Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Lakewood, CO
    If this was the CBS west feed from last Wednesday, I missed 1/2 of "Criminal Minds" as well with the "Service is down" message.

10. mrpope

mrpope Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2006
    on thursday night, my recordings of office, earl and 30 rock were all 0 min long. turns out my antenna was out of allignment and there was no signal so it stoped recording.

11. NathanJr

NathanJr New Member

May 12, 2002
    Hollyweird, CA
    My HR10 apparently hates Jericho. For the last two weeks I have had recording issues ONLY on this show (OTA)! On 4/11, I experienced the same issue as outlined on this thread. When I got home at 8:50 (or so), I turned on the tv and it was "recording" Jericho. There was an error banner with something to the effect of "Searching for signal on Satellite 1 input" (not exact). I then noticed that the green band in the timeline only filled up to 8:48! There was still a red "recording" dot on the timeline, though! I changed tuners, came back, and the dot was gone. I had no reception issues on any channels after that.

Tonight, CBS ota (which never gives me trouble on other shows) is fragmented and pixelated throughout Jericho. There are high winds in the area (LA) tonight, so that must be screwing with my reception. I haven't yet tested signal strength as there are other recordings in process. Once everything's done for the night I'll check again.

Weird that I only have ota reception issues with Jericho, though.

12. undecided

undecided New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    I have seen this on both 24 and Jericho this week. 24 was a 0 minute partial recording and Jericho was a 21 minute partial recording. Both from Satellite MEG2 HD LA Feeds. SW is 6.3c.

These DIRECTV TIVOS used to be 100% reliable........

13. NathanJr

NathanJr New Member

May 12, 2002
    Hollyweird, CA
    I was watching Lost tonight, barely behind realtime, and I got a slit-second flash of the "Searching for signal..." error and it stopped recording. Luckily, when I got to the end of the partial (35min) recording, the buffer on that tuner started up where it left off. I continued to watch from the buffer, catching up to realtime. Once, while watching in realtime, the "Searching..." banner flashed (for less than a second) and the buffer disappeared. I can't imagine that this is a signal issue. When I used to have a crappy antenna, the unit would record garbled crap (including seconds-long freezes) when the signal dropped.

SW is 6.3c

I'm starting to worry...

14. channelserf

channelserf New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    I had the same thing happen last night while watching Survivor on ch.80. recording stopped 45 minutes in. I jumped tuners to where CSI was recording and went to the head of the buffer and finished watching the last 15 minutes of survivor. This is a first for my HR10. Having dual buffers saved the day! I'm afraid if this had happened on our HR20 my wife would have voted it off the island! :D

15. Hersheytx

Hersheytx New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Dallas
    I had it happen to me Friday night watching Raines. It just locked up...stopped. THen about 5 minutes later it started recording again. I happened to home showing some friends how the HD ant. intergrated into the HD TIVO. I was pulling up the guide when everything just stopped.
    Its working fine now.

16. johnnytex22

johnnytex22 New Member

Jan 5, 2007
    I have a unhacked HR10.
    How can I tell how full the drive is??
    SW6.3c