HR10-250 rebooting with rain fade

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by lightguy48, May 28, 2007.

1. lightguy48

lightguy48 New Member

May 17, 2004
    Waco, TX

Advertisements

Last month my HR10-250 became very erratic in operation, finally to the point that the unit would no longer boot so I purchased a new hard drive and InstantCake 6.3d for the HR10-250.

Since reviving the unit I have noticed a new problem, it seem like anytime there is a problem with a signal, whether it be OTA or via sat after a while the unit will reboot. Almost like some kind of 'watchdog'.

We've been having pretty extreme rainfall all weekend so rain fade has been pretty common and after several minutes of 'searching for signal' the unit reboots. :mad:

This is crazy, it never used to do this and there is no reason for it to reboot. The signal will come back when the storm passes.

Is there possibly some setting or configuration in the unit telling it to reboot after no signal for a certain amount of time??

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Any chance that you lost power for a very short time? Or a short duration brown out?
    Put it on a UPS to see if that helps.

3. lightguy48

lightguy48 New Member

May 17, 2004
    Waco, TX
    I have it on an APC 1400XL (extended runtime), definitely not power issues.

I'm thinking about rolling it back to 3.1.5f and see what happens.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I doubt it's a software version problem. Can't hurt to roll back, though.

5. lightguy48

lightguy48 New Member

May 17, 2004
    Waco, TX

Advertisements

Any suggestions? I never had this problem previously, in fact I never had any issues until 6.x was released, the unit was always very reliable.

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I assume you've searched the forums here? I've never heard of a problem where the Tivo reboots just because the signal is weak.

7. nelsonrl

nelsonrl New Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Tyler, TX
    having the same issue on two systems. Never happened until the "d" release.

8. Chilli_Dog

Chilli_Dog HD / Tivo Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2004
    I had this exact same issue last weekend during some rain storms with the 6.3c release. It was crazy. The unit seemed possessed. As soon as the weather improved, it stabilized and everything was fine. Very bizarre...

9. captdusty

captdusty New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Mine is on a UPS, so I can also confirm that mine rebooted simply because of signal loss, not from a blackout or brownout. When it rebooted, the guide data got corrupted. Now my HBO-HD Season Passes won't record, and I can't find anything on that channel when I Search. Another reboot (manually this time) did nothing to correct it. Grrrrrr.....