HR10-250 Reboot Isssue

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mluntz, Dec 16, 2006.

1. mluntz

mluntz New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Millersville...

Advertisements

Last night we were watching Friday Night Lights recorded OTA. About 20 minutes into the program the DVR decided to reboot. Once the reboot was complete, we tried it again, and in the same spot it did it again.

To my knowledge this is the first time this has happened. We are running version 6.3a. No 6.3b upgrade yet.

Seems to be just this one show. Anyone else with this issue or possible causes?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    This happens sometimes. I've had it happen a couple of times with my 2-year old HR10-250. Chances are you'll be fine.

3. mluntz

mluntz New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Millersville...
    My wife was really pissed! Once we fast forwarded past that point, the rest of the program played just fine.

4. fasTLane

fasTLane Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Reboots are not fixed with 6.3b.

5. juliedrys

juliedrys Member

Sep 7, 2004

Advertisements

Is this confirmed, that reboots are not fixed with 6.3b? I have both audio dropouts and reboots with 6.3a, and by far the reboots are more annoying. I can live with a bit of audio dropout, figure out what they said or use the CC, but reboots take several minutes and you lose both audio and video. It sucks. Especially during a football game!

So what's the word, or is it too soon to know?

6. webpowered

webpowered New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    I'm on my third HR10-250. The first one, the HDMI never worked. After two years, I started getting reboots. I'm told the Hard Drive eventually fails. It would reboot when I tried to record two HD channels at same time, or mysteriously for no reason at all. That unit was replaced by a refurbished one that seemed better. HDMI worked and I got no reboots, but one day it failed to receive signal from either tuner.

The third unit reboots as often as a few times a day. Just rebooted after three minutes of JEOPARDY on a SD channel. Takes 5 minutes to reboot, then it starts recording again.

When it gets really bad, I'll request another refurbished one. By the way, the HDMI on this third unit failed about 6 weeks after I started using it!

I'd rather have this than the new DVR. I like TiVo.