Hr10-250 OTA Channel Changes

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Matt L, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Matt L

Matt L Member

Aug 13, 2000
    Flushing, MI

Advertisements

Got an unusual problem, others may soon have it. My local PBS station WFUM got permission to drop analog and go totally digital effective on the 15th. They are WFUM 28, analog on ch.28 for decades. Digital was on ch.52, and my TiVo knew that. Now, they are digital on ch.28, and my Tivo still thinks ch.52 is remapped to ch.28. I did a rescan of OTA channels, ch.28 "dings" and I thought that was it. I tried tuning into ch.28-1 and got "Searching for Signal". then did a signal strength check and ch.28 is coming in at 95, onscreen it shows WFUM digital aquired, but still nothing on 28!

Do I have to clear ALL my digital stations to just get this into memory? Not something I want to do since I'd have to scan at least 3 times to get all the channels back in due to the various directions they come from, a real pain.

Any other suggestions?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It sounds like a PSIP problem. You may have to wait for the station to get thei PSIP data stream fixed for the switchover. You might want to call the station and talk to the chief engineer.

3. dengland

dengland New Member

May 21, 2004
    FL
    I have the same problem in Central Florida with WKMG (6-1). The frequency changed from 58 to 26.

I rescanned 3 HDTVs and I get 6-1 on the new frequency. Did the same with the HR10-250 and it says searching for signal. Rescan acts like it finds it ("found the following 6-1, 6-2...."), but it definitely is tuning to the empty frequency.

The OTA test on the HR10 shows 26 with signal strength above 90. It displays the call letters too.

Tried all things that I could thing of. Clear channel memory before rescan, reset HR10, reran guided setup. Nothing works.

I would think PSIP is OK if 3 TVs directly connected to the OTA find the "new" 6-1.

6-2 actually works on the new frequency, but 6-1 doesn't.

Struggling here ....

4. Matt L

Matt L Member

Aug 13, 2000
    Flushing, MI
    Your best bet if to call Directv, and tell them. If I recall correctly I read here that the HR10-250 does not use the PSIP.

It took months for my problem to resolve, but then I did nothing to speed it along. Not exactly sure how it was corrected but clearing the channels did not do the trick.

5. waltmapb

waltmapb New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Merritt...

Advertisements

I also cannot get the HR10 to find the new WKMG 6-1.

All my HDTVs rescanned and found the station on the new frequency of 26 and DIRECTV has changed the guide data so that the HR20 and HR21 finds 6-1.

I don't know if D* even supports channel updates for the H10 anymore but Orlando is a pretty big market for everyone with a H10 to not get the CBS affiliate any more..........

6. dengland

dengland New Member

May 21, 2004
    FL
    Thanks for the response guys. Nice to know I am not the only one. I hate to call Directv. Person on the end of the phone probably doesn't even know what OTA is. Now if they would connect me to someone technical....

7. Budget_HT

Budget_HT Heavy User (of TiVo)

Jan 2, 2001
    Renton, WA
    Call DirecTV and ask to speak with Engineering department about local channel reception problem. A couple of years ago I did so and got a call back from an engineer who helped clean up some channel number/guide issues for me.

I also wrote to Zap2it.com because they furnish the guide data to DirecTV. They admittedly have difficulty keeping up with all of the local changes that should be reported to them by the stations themselves.

Last but not least I contacted the stations involved.

8. dengland

dengland New Member

May 21, 2004
    FL
  9. dengland

dengland New Member

May 21, 2004
    FL
    Thanks.

I believe others are getting correct guide data. So, I think the problem is on my end at this point. zap2it should be off the hook. May still need Directv's help.