HR10-250 Locked up and didn't record for a week!!!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jksellman, Feb 3, 2007.

1. jksellman

jksellman New Member

Sep 5, 2005

Advertisements

I just returned from a week on the road and found my HR10-250 locked on the please wait screen. I unplugged to reboot and found that the entire weeks programming was not recorded. It appears that the unit froze just as I was leaving for my trip. In the record history is says the programs did not record due to a powere failure (no other devices in my home indicate a power failure).
    Needless to say, this undermines my confidence that the HR10-250 will record
    in a way I can rely on.
    The unit has been working fine up until this time. (It is 3+ years old, has a second hard drive from weakknees, and I did a total reset last June to clean things up).
    ANY thoughts out there?

2. bpratt

bpratt New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    You're seeing one of the features of the new 6.3 software upgrade that was recently done to the HR10-250. I had several of those hangups on 6.3, so just before I went on a week long vacation in early January, I restored both of my HR10-250s to the 3.1.5f version of the software. Both units have been running perfectly since.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    No problems at all with my three units and 6.3b. They work flawlessly. I need to put one of them on Ebay this weekend. I finally dropped all my receivers except for two HR10-250 units so i can still watch the HDNet channels. I have alot ofmovies set to record this weekend off the HDNet channels.