HR10-250 just started random rebooting

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jeshaffer, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jeshaffer

jeshaffer New Member

Feb 15, 2004

Advertisements

@!##$@#@ thing rebooted 30 minutes into the Titans Colts game today.

This thing was slower but rock solid before the last software update. It appears from the partial recordings it has rebooted 3 times in the last 4 days.

Any ideas for troubleshooting, or do I need to call D*?

2. FlopShot

FlopShot New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Central CA
    Prior to 6.3a, mine was randomly rebooting, the fix was to clear and delete everything. Been working fine ever since, even after the upgrade.

3. SpankyInChicago

SpankyInChicago New Member

May 13, 2005
    Prior to 6.3a, none of my three units ever rebooted in the entire time that I have had them.

Since 6.3a, all three have rebooted numerous times.

One of the units I did a clear and delete everything on to resolve another 6.3a problem, and since the C&D I am still getting reboots.

Worse than the reboots, I also am getting a reboots followed by a freeze on the "Almost there. Just a few more minutes" screen.

Terrible, terrible software. My guess is they are still hacking away on 10 year old code. I can just imagine the spaghetti that is the Tivo code base.

4. jeshaffer

jeshaffer New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    That happened yesterday. I turned on my TV and it was sitting at the Almost There screen.

Today I started playing a HD program and when i hit the select play select 30 select and hit the 30 sec skip the first time it rebooted again.

$#@$#%#$# effing piece of s#1t software.

5. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Aug 29, 2004
    The...

Advertisements

My unit is rebooting every day. Worse, my other TIVOs in the same room are following the HR10's lead. :mad:

6. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Same problem, went back to 3.1.5f and the problems went away. I did not have the problem before the upgrade.

7. IneedCCs

IneedCCs New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I infer from your post that it's possible to restore 3.1.5f

If that's true, please tell me (and others) how to do it. My HR10 was slow with 3.1.5f, but at least it didn't lock-up & re-boot, as it's been doing with 6.3a

Thanks in advance for your help.

8. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Try the new code coming down first. In order to go back to 3.1.5f you need some computer know how and you will lose everything using this method.

Instant Cake from PTV. You need to buy the software, burn to cd. Take the hard drive out of your tivo. Put it in your computer. Boot off CD and restore the drive to 3.1.5f. Although they tell you you don't need to do a clear and delete everything, you do. Connect the phone cable to reactivate, but disconnect it immediately after the activation.

Make sure you don't wipe your pc hard drive accidentally...so my advice is to disconnect it when you connect your tivo hd to the pc and - and for goodness sakes, don't plug the phone line in when you're done.