HR10-250 issue 6.3 or dying hard drive?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ChicagoTC, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ChicagoTC

ChicagoTC New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Last Sunday night my HR10-250 started acting very strange. The picture would freeze, go to black, come back on then freeze again. I did a reboot and when it came back I got the insert your access card message. A few minutes later is told me my DVR service wasn't activated. Upon another reboot I had the freezing issue again.

The odd thing is I can still watch recorded shows apparently without issue. This freezing happens on both tuners. So do you think it's a 6.3 issue, dying hard drive, both tuners dying? The box is currently in the process of "cleaning settings" If that doesn't work I'll do the "clean all"

Any other ideas as to what might be going on? I can't find my exact symptoms anywhere.

I'm scheduled to get an HR20 monday and already have an H20. I was hoping to hang onto the HR10-250 and use it in my bedroom.

2. coachO

coachO New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    near...
    Based on my personal experience.

Usually a clear and delete will fix the problem, if not, it is usually the Hard Drive and occasionally the power supply.

3. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Based on my experience this is a 6.3 issue. A clear and delete may fix the problem for awhile, but it wasn't fixed until i went back to 3.1.5f.

4. ChicagoTC

ChicagoTC New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I figured I'd be due for a hard drive soon. If I buy my own or a preformatted drive from weakness I won't get 6.3 unless I connect a phone line correct?

5. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    yes,
    I would buy the instant cake and a drive from somewhere else instead. That way you always have the option of downgrading to 6.3z when it comes and and going back to 3.1.5f when it crashes your hr10.