hr10-250 how to send signal

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jdowd26, Jan 1, 2006.

1. jdowd26

jdowd26 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    L.I New York
    I have a sd10 tivo which I use for a second set via coaxial I am set for a hr10-250 install I realize hr 10-250 has no coaxial out what are my options

2. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001
    You can output in HDMI, component or S-video, but, unless you output at 480I (SD), only one of these at a time, not all of them.

3. flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    your options are any of your inputs on your tv except coaxial. you will only get "true" hd thru hdmi or component

4. jautor

jautor Also wants a pony

Jul 1, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Assuming you mean that your 2nd set is in another room, and you want to use the HR10-250 for both a main HD set and a remote TV (via coax), you have two options. First is to keep the existing SD unit, which for the $5/month mirroring fee will give you extra recording potential, and the ability to watch different shows on both set.

Otherwise, your best bet to get a coax output is a nice $35 modulator from RadioShack that also supports MTS Stereo (assuming you've got a relatively nice set in the other room, otherwise the cheaper $20 ch3/4 modulator will do fine), and then whatever remote control solution suits you. Disable 480p whichever HD output you don't use (720p/1080i), and then a quick two-arrows-up on the HR10 remote will switch the output resolution between HD and 480i SD so you can see the show in the other room...

I've posted this info before - search for more info if this isn't clear...

Jeff

5. flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    ...and if you are more specific of what you have and what you want, people might be able to help you... right now it's fishing in the dark...

6. jdowd26

jdowd26 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    L.I New York
    Thanks Jeff thats what i was looking for, but i was also thinking for 5 dollars more a month, i could just get another sd tivo