HR10-250 HDMI output stuck On, therefore component output stuck off!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by safigan, Sep 12, 2007.

1. safigan

safigan New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Today I plugged in an HDMI cable to the HDMI output on my HR10-250. As expected, my component video output turned off. I then unplugged the HDMI cable from the HR10-250, and my component video output stayed off! Nothing I do seems to enable the component video, not changing the video mode on the front of the unit, not even turning the unit off and letting it sit for a while before turning it back on. I had this same problem when I first bought my HR10-250 a few years ago (it was one of the first units produced); at some point the component video output started working again for no obvious reason. Any suggestions on what to try?

Steve

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Sounds like a problem with the HDMI card.

Did you unplug the HDMI while the TV was turned on?
    Try reconnecting to see if it still works. Then turn off the TV before disconnecting the cable.

Warning: the above is all conjecture. :)

3. safigan

safigan New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Jim, I appreciate you giving me any conjuctures as I've run out of even those! Unfortunately, this fails to get the component video output turned back on.

Steve

4. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Uh, reboot the tivo without the HDMI cable connected.

5. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    And if that fails you could always remove the HDMI card all together from the machine.

6. safigan

safigan New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    I've rebooted at least a dozen times without the HDMI cable connected, sometimes waiting for a while before plugging it back in. Has anyone tried removing the HDMI card from the unit? I'd be afraid I'd have issues rebooting. I might get desperate enough to try, though.