HR10-250 Frozen, pixelated picture

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Matt L, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Matt L

Matt L Member

Aug 13, 2000
    Flushing, MI

Advertisements

Twice in the last few weeks I've come home to find my TiVo frozen with a very blocky picture. If I reboot all is fine. Wondering if this a warning of a hard drive about to die. Or, could it be weather related? Storms moved through if I recall correctly in this time frame.

when I reboot i get a message about not being able to get guide data for some SATs. I have it set to dual mode but am only feeding it with one connection at the moment, wonder if this has any effect on my problem. After that all is well, guide is fine. Weird

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    With only one line connected and that being used for recording, the unit might not be able to get the guide data. Why not get the second line run and then see what happens?

3. Matt L

Matt L Member

Aug 13, 2000
    Flushing, MI
    I moved the unit and so far have been too lazy to add the second line. After all, I'd have to cut the cable, strip it and crimp on the ends and remember it's SUMMER. It might take all of 5 minutes! :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm worried that the problem may stem from one of the dual hard drives in the unit flaking out. I have dual 250 G units in there, looking for a deal on a 500G or more HD. Then I can move everything I've saved and decide which drive is bad and put the other one in one of my SD TiVos. I've seen posts where people have indicated it's a HD problem, just want some confirmation before i pop for $125+...

4. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Now here's a guy I can relate to. :)

But I'd be dying to know if reconnecting fixes the problem. It could be related to the pixellation, for sure. Only one way to find out.

5. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...

Advertisements

Can't you just buy a cable from the Radio Shack with the ends on it and connect it to your shorter cable for now - that way you could use it until winter comes along? :)