hr10-250 freezing and no folders

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by soccerroo, Sep 4, 2007.

1. soccerroo

soccerroo New Member

Aug 15, 2005
    I am a long time reader so apologize in advance for question but need some advice.
    My hr10-250 has begun freezing and rebooting. I have 6.3d. I was going to get instacake and use a new HD because maybe it is a symptom of a bad hd....but noticed that there are no folders for my recordings. Very strange because they use to be there now all the programs are just in the playlist. I tried a complete clear and delete but still no folders. Should I just go ahead and get a new HD?
    Thanks soccerroo

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Look at the bottom of the Now Playing List and follow the directions. The folders got reset when the unit rebooted. Are you sure you don't have 6.3e?

3. soccerroo

soccerroo New Member

Aug 15, 2005
    I will check when I get home. Is the freezing and rebooting symptoms of a bad hd or 6.3e?
    thanks
    S

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    There do seem to be a bit more than the usual "freezing/rebooting" problems after the recent 6.3e software update. We always see some of these problems because the Tivo's hard drive switches to a previously unused partition after the software update, so any drive problems in that partition can lead to "sudden" freezing and reboot problems.

5. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    If you are going to buy instantcake buy the 3.1.5f version and whatever you do...DON'T LET IT UPGRADE.