HR10-250 dying?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by eddieras99, Aug 26, 2007.

1. eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il

Advertisements

a couple times in the past 2 weeks my HR10-250 stopped outputing any video- i had to unplug and reboot- go thru the entire 'powering up' bit. is this a sign that it's dying?
    any insight would be appreciated - thanks!

2. eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il
    no one has any insight into this??

3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Hooked up via HDMI or component?

4. eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il
    thanks... component

5. kiddk1

kiddk1 The KIDD

Oct 9, 2003
    MOTOWN

Advertisements

mine has been doing this for over 6 months, It will "freeze up", become unresponsive to the remove, or give a blank or snowy screen, i have called dtv about this, it is the HD going bad, the only reason I have not replaced is my 1 and 3 year old have lots of shows they watch on the tivo.

6. cutt

cutt lurker

May 12, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    mine did the same thing (no video, had to unplug) at about the same timeframe (once early august, again mid-august). system had 6.3d on it at the time.

I am unconvinced it is a hard drive problem since I've never seen any other of the symptoms (stuttering, freezes with video still on, etc).

however, being paranoid about having to re-enter season passes, I went ahead and super-sized the drive as additional justification for replacing it.