hr10-250 dead ?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mintakaX, Jan 12, 2006.

1. mintakaX

mintakaX New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi-- My hr10-250 has started to make clicking sounds and the video stops,stutters and badly pixelates both on live shows and recorded shows. I have reatarted the unit from scratch several times and the problem is always back immediatly. Has it bit the dust ? Is there any solution to this ? I am willing to erase the drive, etc.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas
    Replace the hard drive. Your shows are probably bad due to a faulty hard drive. Did you make a backup prior to this happening?

3. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    Yep, it's the HD. Even if you haven't backed up yet, you still may be able to get a decent backup from it, but hurry!

4. mintakaX

mintakaX New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Thanks, but at this point its just too much effort. My internet at home is screwing up as well. I've just been waiting for an excuse to switch to Comcast cable for tv and internet, so looks like its time. I really like Tivo, but have had it with Directtv (after 8 years). I hate to junk this peice of equipment that I paid $1000 for, but aside from fixing it, there are no other options.

5. sn9ke_eyes

sn9ke_eyes Member

Sep 4, 2002
    Texas
    If you really decide to junk it I'd be interested in trying a new hard drive and giving it a whirl.

6. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas
    Come on. It's just a hard drive. How about ordering one from Weaknees and the others? All you need to do is put it in the receiver. It'll take you 10 minutes.

7. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yup, it's a hard drive problem. I had the same thing and it was toast. I brought it back to Magnolia since I had an extended warranty.