HR10-250 dead modem

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Dmtalon, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Dmtalon

Dmtalon I love Tivo...

Dec 27, 2003
    West...

Advertisements

I've got an HR10-250 with an apparent broken modem. I was using the remote phone jack that I got from tivo.com (vi reward points) and it stopped working. Direct connection with a long phone cord doesn't work now either.

I get an error message saying the modem is not responding.

This isn't a *huge* problem, however I ordered a PPV even before I realized the modem wasn't working and, while I like getting free stuff, I do want to pay for this PPV sometime.

I have a non Tivo RCA sat receiver. Can I put the HR10-250 card into that to make the purchase "call" or is there any way Directv can pull that info off without a modem?

Lastly, I opened the box hoping that the modem was a card of some sorts, which it is apparently not :( Is there any way to fix this thing / or add an external modem?

TIA

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
  3. gio1269

gio1269 "HR20 Army"

Jul 27, 2006
    Time to get a HR20 so you won't really need that modem/phone line any more!
    :D :D :D :D :D

Oh, I better watch for the TiVo Police..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. beartrap

beartrap Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I purchased an HR10-250 off of ebay earlier this year, and when I went to activate it I discovered that the modem was not working. It was a big deal for me, because in order to establish DVR service on my account, the HR10 needed to make a call. I purchased an external modem fom Weaknees,

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-modem-fix.php

and it worked great. Setup was simple, and it made the one call I needed without any problem. I used the modem once, and put it back in the box, where it's been ever since.