HR10-250 at version 3.1.5f

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by error66, Sep 9, 2007.

1. error66

error66 New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    I have a HR10-250 that is currently at 3.1.5f 01-2-357. I know this is ancient, but I lost track of the current state of things and never got around to upgrading anything. This receiver has never even been opened, so it's virgin.

Anyway, my plans are to first copy my current hard drive to another 250GB drive I have on hand. Then, the original drive will go on the shelf and I'd like to then upgrade the receiver manually, if that's possible. I want to upgrade to whatever version is stable and tolerable, if someone could fill me in on the versions available, or point me to something that explains it. Also, do I have to upgrade in steps or can I go straight from 3.1.5f to the next?

Also, I'm curious if there is any way to speed this thing up? It seriously takes 30 seconds or more to get to the list, the guide is dog slow (always has been) and channel changing is also sluggish.

Thanks for any help in advance. For the record, I have searched but I get so much info back and a lot of it conflicts or it's old. I don't want to hose anything up, so I'm asking for fresh answers.

2. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
    There might be more information in the actual HR10-250 area
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36

When software is "current" it downloads with the data stream, and then updates based on a telephone call that tells the unit it is OK to process

If the most recent software is no longer "current" you have to force a download via telephone by dialing in... sometimes several times

But, as I said, you might try the other area that is for your receiver

3. error66

error66 New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Sorry about that, thanks for the link. Wish we could delete posts...

4. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
    Not a problem... I just posted the link 'cause information specific to your model is more likely going to be readily available in the forum for that product