HR10-250 and OTA question.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Robdec, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Robdec

Robdec Dude

Oct 3, 2002
    Atlanta,GA
    I have an HR10-250 with 6.3a and last night I started having an issue with NBC 11-1 ( in Atlanta) . It was pixelated and very garbled. This morning it was the same. This only happens on NBC so I figured they were having issues. Still the same this afternoon so I went into setting and checked the signal strength on NBC ( Digital channel 10) and I found something strange. Ant tuner 1 was between 0 - 40 it was bouncing all over the place. Ant tuner 2 was steady at 95. I ran the test on all channels and this only happens on NBC. What can cause this? So I switched tuners and NBC works fine, switched again and it went to crap.

P.S. This happens on 11-1 and 11-2 and a reboot didn't resolve it.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
  3. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    The HR10-250 has a problem when you get to strong of signal OTA. You may need an attenuator on the OTA input.

4. Robdec

Robdec Dude

Oct 3, 2002
    Atlanta,GA
    I knew it wasn't the software I just put that because I knew the first questions would be " What version software?" So you think its the internal cable. Why would it just be one channel if the tuner or cable was bad? I figured it would be all of them on that tuner.

5. Avenger

Avenger Also Banned

Mar 26, 2002
    Wisconsin
    I had this same problem a few weeks ago. Try opening the unit and tightening the two OTA tuner cables where they connect to the internal splitter, just inside the rear wall of the chassis. That fixed the problem for me.

6. Robdec

Robdec Dude

Oct 3, 2002
    Atlanta,GA
    Well believe it or not this morning everything was working fine. 95 on both tuners on NBC. I didn't even touch it I was going to wait till the weekend. Go figure ... If it happens again Ill check the internal cables and replace them if needed. As always thanks for all the help and information.

7. bpratt

bpratt New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    I opened the unit, unpluged and re-pluged both ends of both cables and my problem was fixed.