HR10-250 and HR20-300 on same system???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jksellman, Dec 28, 2006.

1. jksellman

jksellman New Member

Sep 5, 2005

Advertisements

Is it possible to operate both a HR10-250 and HR20-300 (?) on the same system?
    Would there be a fee for each unit?

2. unixadm

unixadm Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    I have two HR10-250's and an HR20 on my account...no problem whatsoever.

You do need to have a 5 LNB dish and updated multiswitch for the HR20 to work.

There is a $4.99 additional receiver mirror fee for every receiver you add to the account above and beyond the first receiver.

ie: If you have a total of 3 receivers (DVR's or not), the programming package is on the first receiver and there would be a $4.99 mirror fee for other two of them.......so you would pay $9.98 for the receivers on top of your programming package.

There is also a $4.99 DVR fee on the account fif you have a DVR....that is a single fee no matter how many DVR's you have on the account. If you have "Premier" package, there is no DVR fee.

3. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    FYI... the HR20-300 doesn't exist.
    The 3 digits after the model number, no longer reflect the size of the hard drive.

IT is HR20-700 where the 700 denotes the manufacturer.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    And isn't the DVR fee now $5.99?

5. jediphish

jediphish New Member

Oct 13, 2006

Advertisements

Is there just a single DVR fee if you have both the HR20-700 and a Tivo (HR10-250). I'm only referring to the different platforms, not the fact that there are multiple DVRs in play. I though that the DVR fee for the HR10 went to Tivo whereas the DVR for the HR20 would be kept by D*. So, if you have both, do you get charged two fees?

6. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    You are only charged one fee.

It is $5.99 now... there are still somepeople grandfathred to $4.99, but if you add a new DVR it is upped to $5.99

One $5.99 fee covers ALL DVRs on your account.

7. Packertivo

Packertivo Packer/Tivo Fan

Feb 20, 2002
    Northern Calif.
    What about having the lifetime Tivo? Still an additional fee for both models?

8. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Nope... The TiVo lifetime covers any DVR+ system as well.

9. ike

ike New Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Leesburg, VA
    I've been meaning to ask this question... what if you paid for a lifetime TiVo subscription for a Standard Definition TiVo and now want to upgrade to HD and REPLACE the SD TiVo with an HR20 HD DVR?

I always thought you had to maintain the original TiVo-based DVR that you paid for the lifetime subscription on to maintain the lifetime subscription status.

10. RedSunshine

RedSunshine New Member

May 7, 2002
    The lifetime status is of the unit, not for you. If you replace the unit you will lose the lifetime status.

11. scs_x5

scs_x5 New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    What if I add an HD DVR, can I mirror the lifetime sub?

12. MikeNorman

MikeNorman New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    Okla City,...

I bought the lifetime subscription with my first TIVO a Sony SAT-60 which after many years it went bad and I replace it with a Direct unit. The lifetime subscription moved to the new unit. I have since bought three more TIVO's including the HR10-250. These units were also included under the lifetime subscription.

I believe the lifetime subscription stays active as long as you have TIVO's units attached.
    Mike

13. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    That is different.

That Lifetime is between you and TiVo, Inc.

The "lifetimes" that are tied to DirecTV, had to be purchased about 5 years ago, when it was still "TiVo with DirecTV" systems... basically before DirecTV took over the billing (there was a small period of time after that you could get a lifetime for a DTivo, but it has long since been over).

A lifetime on an SA is not transferable to a DirecTV DVR service account.

14. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Actually...

Once your "lifetime" is pinned to your DirecTV account, it is then tied to the account. You should be able to shutdown the SAT-60

15. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    If you have "lifetime" on your DirecTV account, then yes... your lifetime will cover an HD-DVR

16. ike

ike New Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Leesburg, VA
    Thanks for the response. Maybe I was a little unclear.

THe lifetime I'm referring to is with a DirecTV Receiver with TiVo - not a standalone TiVo. At the time, I think it was a $200 fee. This is what my father has.

I'm wondering if he could replace his DirecTV reciever with TiVo with a new HR20 HD DVR and still have the lifetime DVR subscription and not pay an additional monthly DVR fee

17. ebonovic

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Yes, he should be able to.
    Just DON'T deactivate the DTivo model, until after the HR20 is activated.
    I would wait at least 1 day to avoid any mess ups.

18. ike

ike New Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Leesburg, VA
    Great. Thanks for the EXTREMELY quick response !!