HR10-250 and daily call ?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Bigmoss, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Bigmoss

Bigmoss New Member

Jan 20, 2005

Advertisements

I did a search but cannot find a concrete answer to my question so hopefully someone here can.

I live in an area that has no phone service yet but is expected end of 2007. We of course do not have cable so I have DTV and like it. I had the DTV R10 Tivo before and even though it could not dial out my Tivo service continued to run.

Now with the 10-250 HD unit after about 20 days I got the please make a daily call soon nag and ignored it like in the past but arrived home to find for a complete week it had not recorded my season passes. Is this because it has gone more than 30 days with no call out ?

I can invest in a cable and cradle to use my cell phone to make a manual daily call each 20-30 days but before putting out the expense on that equipment I would like to have confirmation that is the issue.

Thanks in advance

BM

2. tedkunich

tedkunich New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    This was discussed only last week... the phone is not needed for regular service, only for initial startup and PPV's.

3. duanej

duanej New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Sounds like you need a reboot.

4. Bigmoss

Bigmoss New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks for the replies guys, I rebooted the unit and let it dial out, so I will see when I get home Friday of this worked. I was told by others after 30 days the Tivo would stop working. So I guess I will see.

Thanks

5. 94SupraTT

94SupraTT New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TN...

Advertisements

My HD-Tivo has not made a successful call for 44 days now. That happens to be the amount of days since it made its initial call for activation. :D I don't have a phone line near my HD-Tivo and don't bother. It will work just fine. You will get a reminder I think once a day letting you know it has not made the call but it will function properly. All of your guide data is acquired via satellite and as has been stated the phone line is mainly for PPV ordering which can be done just as easily over the web.

6. tedkunich

tedkunich New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I think I'm on day 140 now.... ;)

7. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    All DirecTivos work the same with dialing out. My HR10-250 hasn't made a call in 181 days and my GXCEBOT hasn't called in 1,025 days.

-Robert