How will Tivo know to Record in HD???

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Bleep55, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Bleep55

Bleep55 New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I have been recording in standard definition for more than a year with my Premier XL. I now have a new HD TV and want to record the same programs in HD. I changed my channel line up by deleting the non HD channels and added the HD channels of the same network. How does Tivo know to record in HD? Is there something else that needs to changed?

Thanks

2. beejay

beejay Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Richmond, IN
    If the first showing of the program is available in your channel lineup in HD and non-HD, I think TiVo selects HD for a wishlist. For season passes, those are channel-specific and if you want HD you need to set up HD season passes.

(I'm new to HD...so obviously if I'm wrong a correction will be below...)

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    HD channels are different channels than the SD channels. So you will need to setup your season passes again on the HD channel.

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Yeah, season passes will need to be setup again for the HD channels. This can be done more easily online at tivo.com than doing it through the Tivo itself if you have a lot of them.

5. Bleep55

Bleep55 New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks for the help.

I deleted all my Season Pass shows and reloaded them as HD programs. I forgot I could do them on line. I was hoping for some kind of mass conversion.