how to watch live dtv over network

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by proncams, Oct 8, 2007.

1. proncams

proncams New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I have a series 2 dtv modified setup, i performed my own upgrades and got everything working perfectly. i can watch all my pre recorded shows over the network through tivowebplus.

My question is, does anyone know how or if it is possible to watch LIVE tv, or atleast access the recorded part of a live broadcast showing over ethernet? in the recorded part i mean that part that tivo records as you watch a given channel, in a similar fashion that the slingbox works like but contained on the dtivo. i wouldn't care if i had to set the tivo on a certain channel and thats the only channel i could watch while remote. (law and order all day at work, who could beat that)

Thanks!

-=( P )=-

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I don't think there's a way to play the live buffer, but if you start recording you can play what has been recorded so far.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Slingbox?

4. Extremist

Extremist Joe Satriani rocks

Dec 28, 2004
    I'm very interesting in the ability to play pre-recorded or live feed off my Dtivo at home... I done some searching and found some pre-release beta stuff on another forum but nothing that's really novice friendly.

Anyone have any links or knowledge on how to watch my pre recorded shows or live feeds through the web?

5. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
  6. archibael

archibael New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    I could be wrong on this, but IIRC if you use VLC as your viewer you can select the live feed from either tuner in the Playlist.