How to upgrade a new units software?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dtvtivouser_9292, Oct 16, 2007.

1. dtvtivouser_9292

dtvtivouser_9292 cfc62

May 15, 2004
    One of my two disks in an expanded/upgraded DirecTivo died, so I replaced it with one 300G drive.

All is well at this point, other than the fact that the replacement drive from Weaknees has an older load on it. It's old enough that folders aren't on it.

So, while I'm not really wanting the pain of 6.3e, I want folders more.

Is there a way to force the upgrade? I've had it make a few calls, nothing happens, and there's no "pending reboot" in the System Information screen...

TIA!

2. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    keep forcing calls, it will eventually happen. Good luck with 6.3, I hear its a POS.

3. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    If your machine has been on the last two evenings just restart the recorder. it should take a little longer than normal but you should get 6.3e it was downloaded Monday night/Tuesday morning.

4. dtvtivouser_9292

dtvtivouser_9292 cfc62

May 15, 2004
    Forced a call, got the pending restart, good to go!

Like I said, I know what I'm getting into with 6.3e, but no folders on a 300G system.... no workie too good.

5. robpickles

robpickles Lurking Around

May 19, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    I thought 6.2a already had folders?!?

I don't think you needed to go to 6.3e for just that.

Rob :)

6. ForrestB

ForrestB New Member

Apr 8, 2004
    6.2, released in 2005, does have folders.

7. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    And 6.2 is rock solid reliable. Never had a single show not record in the years I've had 6.2 installed.

8. dtvtivouser_9292

dtvtivouser_9292 cfc62

May 15, 2004
    Dang - you know, this is what I thought. I looked and looked for a way to turn on folders, I went through every single window, even those that didn't make sense.

No setting for folders was found anywhere.

If I missed it.... DOH! But I really did look - and not superficially.

9. chuckg

chuckg New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Berkeley
    I looked earlier based on this thread as I had never seen it. Finally found it. But then the Tivo GUI is a total piece of you-know-what.

Now Playing List
    Select something
    Enter (key which nobody ever uses)
    Twill bring up a menu.
    When you turn it on the Selected will be in a Folder, I think. I had selected "The War" and both episodes were placed in a single folder icon on the Now Playing List.

Good luck! Have no idea how it works. I turned Groups off after I turned it on.