How to turn off update of channels I recieve

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MychaelP, Oct 7, 2007.

1. MychaelP

MychaelP Member

Jun 30, 2004

Advertisements

I only recieve about 20 channels on Diretv as I only have the family pack and local channels, however about every two days or so I get a message from tivo telling me they've updated my channels. It is always adding channels I don't get such a today's MGMHD, then I have to go into my settings to change them or I end up having 100's of channels I don't recieve by the end of the month.
    Is there a way to set tivo to NEVER update my channel list unless I ask it to? Not everyone has every channel Directv offers.
    I have a standalone toshiba with lifetime.

thanks in advance for any help so I don't have to do an extra 5 minutes of work every single week forever.

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Seems to me you should be able to contact TiVo and tell them you have a unique lineup. They might be able to call it the family pack for your town, and create a lineup that'll be available on Guided Setup in just a few days.

Go here-
    http://customersupport.tivo.com/Lineupform.aspx

Make your report and see if they'll do it for you. They do it in other similar situations.

3. fredct

fredct Member

Nov 15, 2004
    NJ
    Actually, it sounds like Mychael is just asking if there's a way for TiVo not to auto-add a new channel when its added to your cable lineup. That's a fair question. Is there?

4. Celusil

Celusil New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Chicago
    I haven't found one - and I've looked

5. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006

Advertisements

With a filter would be nice - I don't have an HD unit so any time there's an HD channel added I again go to Select the Channel I Receive and so on. Nice that they offer it from reading the message, but even better to be able to say what channels to ignore.