How to transfer Lifetime sub to a new owner?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by creativepart, Jul 17, 2007.

1. creativepart

creativepart New Member

May 7, 2007

Advertisements

I'm selling a S1 with lifetime subscription on Ebay -- no this isn't an ad for it -- my question is about how I tell Tivo that I'm not the owner any more so that the new owner can buy an S2 with the lifetime transfer option that ends on Monday the 23rd.

Do I call Tivo, or just give the Tivo Number to the new owner?

Does anyone know if the buyer can order the new S2 in the Transfer offer without any problem using my Tivo Number for the unit that he's buying. Because if he can then after the auction is over that's all I have to give him right now -- so he can order and beat the deadline.

Then, a few days later I can call Tivo and do the actual transfer of my S1 Tivo number and lifetime sub to the buyer.

It's a bit dicey, getting a PayPal payment and then transferring this Lifetime Sub because the guy could try to get his money back from PayPal, AFTER the sub has been transferred to him. Oh well, such is modern online life.

2. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    The purchaser will call Tivo once he recieves the box and have the box added to his acct, he will need your name, address and the dvr service number. I just bought a s1 from a guy last week and did the same thing, it was super easy, be sure not to give out too much info about the box until you are paid, someone could very easily steal your subscription.