How to stop Amazon Prime playing the next episode automatically?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by enigma9o7, Apr 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. enigma9o7

enigma9o7 New Member

Nov 28, 2015

Advertisements

On TV Roamio when I watch a show with amazon prime, it plays the next episode automatically and the next one, and the next one, by itself.

How do I disable this?

This is frustrating for me because we just turn off the tv , the tivo keeps playing a few more episodes, and next time we dunno what episode was last watched watched. If its near the end of the series, it finishes it, and takes it out of my play next list, and finding it requires a search by name (assuming the name is remembered) until we get thru the last few episodes

I realize if we always remembered to go back to tivo menu before turning off the tv, this wouldn't happen. But that doesn't happen, especially if I'm watching tv at night and starting to doze off. If it were to prompt me if I wanna watch another one or not, if I'm too lazy to pick up the remote and click ok for the next one, I don't want it to start automatically either. I've looked thru the settings menus in tivo, in the app, on amazon website, I dunno if it's possible, but I can't imagine many people like this "feature".

2. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Log into your Amazon account on your computer, go to Your Account > Digital Content and Devices > Prime Video Settings > Player > Auto Play

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    hit pause or stop on the remote before the next episode begins.

4. enigma9o7

enigma9o7 New Member

Nov 28, 2015
    This sounds great if I could find it. On my computer under my account I have "Content and Devices", not digital. And no Prime Video Settings anywhere I can find.

edit: I assumed right after I posted this I'd find it, and sure enough, a couple minutes of poking around I did.

Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

5. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC

Advertisements

Bless! Thank you for that screen shot.