How to See Other Device?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by whboyd, Jan 12, 2019.

1. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    On my Bolt I'm trying to see the shows on my Roamio Pro. They're both running TE4 on the same local network and are both set up for "Video sharing". At one point I thought I saw a "DEVICES" option on the menu, but now I can't find it. The "TiVo Experience Viewers Guide" has no help for this. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Assuming they are on the same account (MAK), the device should appear under My Shows (at the bottom).

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's TE3.

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Hit TiVo, then My Shows. Select "View: All Shows". Move Right to Devices, then Down. That procedure works on my Roamio.

5. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    I was able to see the Roamio Pro and its shows under Devices. But can I transfer shows from that to the Bolt?

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TE4 does not do transfers. Use TiVo Online to send programs to a TE4 TiVo.

http://online.tivo.com/start/ also note that leaving Online does not cause you to get logged out.

7. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007

That's TE3...

You mean: Hit TiVo, then My Shows. Select "View: All Shows". Move Right to Devices, Press Select, then Down.

It's part of why transitioning from TE3 to TE4 is difficult.

Every dang time I want to get to Settings in TE4, I forget I need to press Select before I can scroll down. Drives me batty...

-KP

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

I have almost trained my fingers/brain to hit OK/S when there is a box around an option.

kpeters59 likes this.
  9. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    "Almost." ;)

kpeters59 likes this.
  10. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    Thanks for the pointer to TiVo Online.

I wanted to transfer items from my Roamio Pro to my Bolt in an attempt to work around a problem. I never have trouble transferring items from the Bolt to my iPhone, at least when I'm home, but I've had continuing problems transferring items from the Roamio Pro to my iPhone. Today I was able to transfer two items from the Roamio Pro to my iPhone, when I tried to initiate another item, I was told that "
    Cannot stream. Streaming this channel is not available at this time. Please try again later." This was true for any of the dozen or more items on the Roamio Pro that I tried. This persisted even after restarting the Roamio Pro and relaunching the TiVo app on my iPhone. I don't understand what that error means and why it's so difficult to use.

Edit: Is there any way to see the progress of a transfer made with TiVo Online?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You can see progress in only the most crude way. The receiving TiVo shows the program length in "time" every few minutes. Once I start a transfer with Online, I usually logout. I have basic Roamio units, so my rate of 93Mbps equates to about 10 minutes per one hour of HD content.

12. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    Using TiVo Online I've been able to transfer a number of items from my Roamio Pro to my Bolt, but today I've been seeing some bizarre behavior. All the items I try to transfer end up in the same folder with the same name, regardless of the actual name of the item being transferred. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? Is there a way to fix it? I've tried signing out of TiVo Online and back in again, but that's not helping. Thanks for any help.

13. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Definitely sounds strange. Are these different shows (so should be in different folders) and are these shows that could have been recorded before the Rovo guide data change?

Scott

14. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    These are different shows. They were recorded months if not years ago. Is there an issue with the Rovi guide data?

15. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    There are definitely issues with transferring shows recorded before the conversion to Rovi metadata (which I believe was in the latter part of 2016).

Scott

krkaufman likes this.
  16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Here's a funny one. I have three Roamio boxes. So I move movies to one box and "watch later" series to another. I find that older items become KUID all by themselves. Sometimes it can happen within a week. Something about the transfer causes KUID. This is not related to Rovi conversion.

17. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just thought of something. It's common for a transfer to make two copies. Never more that two, and it doesn't always happen. Try transferring one program and see if you get two. If so, delete one.

18. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    KUID?

19. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    I've seen that too, but this is a different situation. For example, if I try to transfer a show named "A" it appears on the receiving TiVo unit named "B". This is true for any show. They all get put in the "B" folder.

20. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    Is there any way I can learn more about this problem?