How to Search the Guide?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by boulderskies, Oct 7, 2019.

1. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013

Advertisements

This seems like such a simple, core function that I'm surprised there's no specific instructions on how to do it!

How do you search just the Guide (live TV) in the TiVO Experience 4 on a TiVO Bolt?

Scott

2. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    All searches are done from the search function. One way to do it is TiVo then 3. There are other ways. It does not strictly search the guide. It searches streaming information as well as recordings.

3. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Excellent, thank you.

Out of curiosity, is TiVO, 3 and long-standing TiVO command shortcut? It obviously doesnt seem very intuitive. Seems like there'd be a button for Search...

Anyway, it works great. Appreciate your help.

4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Unfortunately the search function of the guide is really bad. So many times I've searched for a show with no result, but it is in the guide.

If you know the channel and search comes up blank you might want to scroll through the guide for it. This is why live guide on TE3 is the best guide.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Advertisements

Unfortunately, they just changed search on hydra to 5 rather than 3.

If you hit the TiVo button then the A button, you get the shortcuts. And you can define 4 of your own.

6. mbernste

mbernste Active Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Piscataway, NJ
    I had 5 mapped to by "to do" list. I was very perplexed for about 1-2 minutes last night when I pressed "5" and got a search. It would've been nice if TiVo told us about this change before doing it. I had to change the "to do" mapping to 3 and retrain my muscle memory.

Just venting. Carry on. :D

Mikeguy likes this.
  7. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I seem to get marketing messages from TiVo on my TiVo boxes (e.g. for the new EDGE box)--it would be nice to get software/UI change notices there from TiVo as well. :rolleyes: And hey, that would be good marketing for TiVo.