How to return to last tivo menu from a show

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by fraggel, Feb 3, 2018.

1. fraggel

fraggel New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I'm currently running the "tivo experience" operating system, in the previous OS if i was watching a show, I could press the left button and it would bring me back in to the last tivo menu that I was in, typically the menu that where I played the recorded show from. I could then back into the recordings list. I don't see any way to do this anymore, and if I want to watch a different show I have to press the main tivo menu button and navigate all the way back into my recordings and into the show i want to watch. in summary: running tivo Experience OS, how do i get back to the last tivo menu I was in while watching a show?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Are you saying you are using hydra? The back button now has most of the old function of "left"

3. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    The one caveat is that hitting left when you mean to go “back” instead can confuse the TiVo when you next try to use the back button.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Right, I think in that case you would have to hit Back twice...

Scott

5. fraggel

fraggel New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    back did the trick, Not sure how I couldn’t figure that out myself! I guess I was just so used to the left button

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Lots of people have reported that as an issue due to muscle memory from years and years of using left. :)

Scott