1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove "What to Watch Now" from My Shows?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by headless chicken, Jun 5, 2018.

1. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    In the past I've been able to remove the What to Watch Now suggestions from My Shows, but it has been sitting at the bottom of the list for the past couple of weeks now. Is there anyway to get rid of this pesky hindrance?

2. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Is it really hopeless?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There are some things I could compare it to, but I think it's hopeless. :(

CopRock likes this.
  4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    How did you do this in the past? I believe it has always been permanent.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    yeah, I sure never knew how to remove it.. I would remove it..

heck, I would PAY a one time fee to get rid of the stupid bar at the top, too... which is completely useless.

I HAVE A TIVO. I don't need any reason to find MORE stuff to watch.. I already record FAR more than I can watch!!

PSU_Sudzi and Kaphka like this.
  6. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    But wait, you never knew you REALLY wanted to watch all that trash on Tubi TV!!!

Right??? :rolleyes:

CopRock likes this.
  7. CopRock

CopRock Member

Jul 13, 2014
    As much as people like to knock apps like TubiTV & Vudu its good for those who cannot afford even basic cable and get by with minimal internet speeds. [and who doesn't love Space 1999 ;)]

But one does wonder why the app hand [as opposed to pimp hand] is so sadly weak on Tivo; I got mine half a decade ago and its still basically the same apps it came with : where's HBOnow for those with OTA only Roamios, Crackle or even Smithsonian Channel [which IIRC is free on AppleTV] New apps are few here and there and usually for some very niche audience [YuuuuuuuupTV]

Tivo should have sought out and helped build apps for for their Tivos especially since the want by US to rival other streamer devices and thought by now there would be an AppStore/GooglePlay way of placing new apps on your Tivo.... But I have the feeling in maybe a decade Tivo's Lifetime contracts will be worth the same as ReplayTV's

Now onward & upward to crippled EnterWebz to see who "Can Have a Cheezburger"

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    and nowadays for some reason the bar at top is showing me a lot of infomercials.. I have the shopping channels turned off AFAIK (I turn any new ones off when I notice), but it still shows me infomercials on other channels (which does happen seemingly at all hours of the day on some channels that _also_ have real programming). So I keep three thumbs-down-ing the informercials that show up.. (and nowadays thumbing on the top bar DOES seem to stick.. for a long time it didn't.. you'd thumb, then move to another and back, and it didn't save your previous thumb-ing)

CopRock likes this.